Home Page Bulletin Closed Chapels

WHS in Wales - Methodist Chapels Closed by the CAERPHILLY CIRCUIT

BEDWAS METHODIST CHURCH
(1897 building demolished 1982)

BEULAH METHODIST CHURCH

LLANBRADACH METHODIST CHURCH

MACHEN METHODIST CHURCH

Bedwas BEDWAS METHODIST CHURCH
Pandy Road, Bedwas
built by the Cardiff Roath Road Wesleyan Circuit in 1897 and became part of the newly formed Caerphilly Circuit in the early 1920s.

The chapel was demolished in the 1982 after becoming structurely unsound due to bomb damage and mining subsidence.

The school room at the rear of the chapel was incorporated into a new multipurpose structure build with stone recovered from the original chapel. This was opened in1987.

Bedwas Chapel was included in the new Gwent Hills & Vales Circuit formed in 2009.
Photo : Graham Tennant  - May 1973
GOTO TOP
Beulah BEULAH METHODIST CHURCH
Pontygwindy Road, Caerphilly

Built as a Primative Methodist Church
Photo : Graham Tennant  - May 1973
GOTO TOP
Llanbradach
LLANBRADACH METHODIST CHURCH
Glenview Terrace, Llanbradach



Photo : Graham Tennant  - May 1973
GOTO TOP
Machen MACHEN METHODIST CHURCH
Llanarth Street, Chatham
Photo : Graham Tennant  - April 1st 1973
GOTO TOP